Saturday, March 16, 2013

life is what happens...


...when we're busy making other plans. This just so happens to be one of my favorite quotes EVER! Fortunately, I make sure that this is never the case in my life. So, what does this mean exactly.........I went MIA for a while. I do apologize, but it has been a busy couple of weeks and I truly have wanted to blog, but something always came up. Well, I'm back and here to report on all the latest and greatest happenings. 

One of which was my birthday. I turned twenty-one twenty-eight this year. Something about writing your age out in words makes it look so much better than using numbers. My family decided to come visit me for the weekend and boy was it filled with love, laughs and projects! If you know me, then you will know that no project ever goes as easy as I think it will. A 30 minute project can quickly turn into a 3 hour project, to say the least. This is normally accompanied by a splitting headache, loss of sanity and a need for a cold beverage. This was the case when we decided to change out my broken blinds on the sliding glass doors in the basement. Now, the "blinds" weren't technically broken, just that long, little turny thing on the end that moves the blinds was broken (thank you cheap plastic manufacturers). My wonderful co-worker was moving and had an extra set of blinds that she gave me, so I will forever be grateful to her for saving me some big bucks down the road. Thanks L.C.! Now, the project should have been easy. Just snap the old blinds off and snap the new set on. WRONG! Nothing was lining up right even though everything measured out the same. To make matters worse, it seemed like everything we took down was worse off in the end than when we started. I wanted to cry. To make a long story short, after several different attempts to solve the problem, we did eventually find a way to get the blinds snapped on and they look fine. What an adventure, to way the least.

Finally, we got around to making my birthday dinner. I am a big fan of just staying in and having a home cooked meal. I thought the table looked perfect!


Please tell me your mouth isn't watering over this deliciousness right now!


Later that night, we celebrated my birthday with an amazing orange flavored cake with orange flavored icing. I love the simplicity!


After opening presents, we watched Taken 2 (yes, it was my 2nd time, but I love Liam Neeson!) I had such a wonderful weekend with my family and always hate to see them go. I can't believe that my brother had not been down to visit in over a year. What a crime! There are some super funny outtakes from the weekend that I will post later this week, so stay tuned. Until then, I'll leave you with a picture of me and my momma! Love her to death!


Have a great Saturday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment